Sunday, February 04, 2007

Birmingum, it's gureat?

Saturday The Random One met an Aussie friend who also happens to be a Villa fan, and went along to to Villa Park to witness a vitory for the original claret and blue against the claret and blue pretenders (West Ham). It was a great match with Villa winning 1-0 thanks to a goal from new signing John Carew...prompting a comical new chant from the Holte End "Carew, Carew, Carew's On Fire" As it was my last visit to Villa Park before going on my trip round the world, I took my new camera along so here are a few snaps from the game....

A Gareth Barry corner..... which came to nothing!














This one is for Mrs Teapot & the Pixie to drool over...

One thing that did come up earlier in the day, I tried to show Mark some of the 'sights' of Birmingham but after going round the Bull Ring and to the Town Hall I ran out of ideas! Granted Millenium Point could have been visited. This morning Helen suggested the NIA & Sealife Centre & IMAX Theatre but what other landmarks would you suggest be part of a 'Birmingham-Tour'?

3 comments:

D Baynham said...

..prompting a comical new chant from the Holte End "Carew, Carew, Carew's On Fire" I honestly cannot see what is comical about that? It must be a... I needed to be there thing.

Sights of Brum for those who haven't been.

Start at the Mailbox and walk Canal Side to the Syphoney Hall, then there is all around there and the sealife Centre and Broad Street. Then Pop over to Mini China Town down by the Theatres and the Arcadia Centre, Then The Bull Ring, Then take them to Sutton Park and finish off at The Bishop for a Pint of real Ale. There is a good days sight seeing. If they have a another day, Stratford and Warwick,

It's not easy being small said...

I actually saw that haribo advert and went out and bought some!!! I am an advertisers dream!!!!

The Random One said...

Yes Dave it's one of those 'you had to be there and be into football' things, thanks for the Birmingham sightseeing tips.....I think because I've aclimatised to London Id forgotton about Brum!

I need to ask my friend at Cadburys if she can get us any sample bars; with a view to us purchasing more of their wonderful products!